Sunday 21 February 2016

January


Ok so this is kinda late and should have been posted a month ago - whoops! Despite this i'm still going to post it because I'm adamant to do one of these round-ups every month - or at least try!

The end of Christmas saw us students catapulted into revision and new semester madness. January was filled with Uni mayhem, with the exam period stretching throughout most of it.  I love my course though and Uni work never seems that much of a chore. At least that's what I told myself amidst the last minute revision crams. It was also bitterly cold up North, with my hometown experiencing some snow - this i'm very jealous of. One of the above pictures is one my Mum sent me of our beautiful collie Billy sat in wintery prettiness. Amid revision I made it an aim to have breaks and enjoy myself. One of these breaks included a meal out with flatmates and a very delicious sticky toffee pudding. I'm also continuing to explore what the city has to offer breakfast-wise. If you couldn't tell by now it's definitely my favourite meal.



In other news I'm trying to get back into looking after myself and eating better! I can either be really good at this or be overcome with my really unhealthy chocolate addiction. I always seem to be able to justify revision as a reason to let my healthy eating go a little, or a lot. Avocado and egg on toast is one of my healthy meal attempts. I love avocado so I guess it's a good job it's healthy. I also rediscovered my adoration for 9 Bars. These are so goddamn good I can't even! White girl cliche or what? Seriously though these are goooood. The carob coated ones are my favourite because it's a relatively healthy choc fix. The downside to these is that they're kinda pricey and hard to justify on a student budget so I guess these will just stick to being my indulgent health treat.

Now to focus on the top left hand corner picture. Yeah the dark blurry one that you can barely see. Maybe the lack of lighting made this impromptu restaurant bathroom photo opportunity idea a bad one. However I just want to rave about that camel coat to everyone all the time. It's definitely one of my best purchases of late. Camel coats are a classic and in my opinion are an easy way to dress up an ordinary jeans and t-shirt outfit. This little number was a steal from the recent Zara sale and it's safe to say I'm going to get plenty of wear out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!