|Stila HD Beauty Balm swatch|
|Stila HD Beauty Balm (left - without moisturiser, right - mixed with moisturiser)|
Personally, i love the idea of BB creams. I like the idea that you can combine skin care with daily make-up. I think that it's important to look after your skin and i also love make-up, so BB creams make it very convenient to take care of my skin throughout the day. I also like my make-up to be minimalistic and i prefer to wear as little as possible. I think that this BB cream helps me to achieve this and leaves a barley there look.
At first impression i thought this cream was a little too dark for my very pale skin, however it was lighter than the Garnier one and i could manage to get away with it if i didn't wear powder on top, which is not really a problem as i find that this BB cream gives a really nice glowy finish and does not appear shiny. As i usually do with most foundations etc, i mixed this with a moisturiser and this made the colour paler and the consistency thinner.
I tend to have a habit of mixing my cream bases with moisturiser for a number of reasons. To begin with, i like to wear an SPF every day on my skin, and this product unfortunately does not contain one which i was a little disappointed with at first but once mixed with a moisturiser containing SPF, this problem was solved. Also, my skin is quite dry, so it is important for me to wear a face make up that moisturises and so adding a moisturiser to my face products insures this.The moisturiser i tend to use for this is Boots Simply Sensitive Day Moisturiser with SPF 15.
These are the benefits stated on the back of the box:-
- Luxurious beauty balm glides onto skin and leaves a silky, powdery finish
- High-definition formula helps reduce pore size and provides oil and blemish control
- Contains innovative micro spheres, which have been shown to hide skin imperfections and reduce wrinkle depth by up to 84%
- Features an exclusive complex, which helps reduce redness and skin irritation
- Enriched with Tripeptide-37, bamboo and pea extracts, which help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Infused with natural, skin-protecting emollients which have been shown to increase anti-oxidant activity by up to 89.7%
- Uses the smallest particle size of coated pigments for seamless, smooth coverage
- Ideal for all skin types and skin tones
- Oil-free, paraben-free and dermatologist tested
All in all i do have to say that i was impressed with this product. I now wear it as my daily base and i feel that it does last all day on the skin.