Saturday 8 February 2014

Turtle.

So recently i've had a bit of an obsession with turtleneck jumpers, polo neck, roll-neck - whatever terminology you prefer to use.

With the cold weather, this eternally classic item (which according to Wikipedia apparently dates back to the 15th century) has been a huge staple for me at the moment. Ideal for warmth and adding a smart sophistication that goes with pretty much everything; from a classic pair of skinny jeans to a skirt and ankle boots the turtleneck is definitely ideal for winter.

Recently i purchased a few jumpers all in one go. A black; a burgundy; a beige and a woolly knitted edition. It's been a good way to change up my wardrobe and since then i've pretty much been alternating between each one.

The burgundy jumper i bought recently from good ol' ASOS.

As i'm quite petite i've gone for cropped versions as i tend to match with high waisted bottoms whether this be a skirt or jeans as i find it tends to look better with my proportions as a shorty. I also really like turtlenecks for the smart element they bring and i always feel a bit more put together. They really easily dress up a pair of skinnies and ankle boots - add my beloved leather jacket and I'm good to go. As well as casual I've also been wearing them a lot when I go out at night. I'm OBSESSED with a turtleneck matched with a really dressy skirt plus they are majorly comfy and keep you from freezing whilst being stood outside waiting for your taxi that should have arrived half an hour ago.

I'm not really sure what brought on this sudden fad i seem to have attained for turtlenecks, apart from the fact it's a classical item and i tend to gravitate towards timeless fashions with my wardrobe. I have a feeling this is another way in which i am trying to imitate Alexa Chung's style. It's also a trend I've been seeing a lot recently on the likes of Millie Mackintosh, who i find dresses well and is often somebody I look to for inspiration. My music taste has a big impact on my life and being a major fan of Miles Kane probably has something to do with it too. Also, whenever I'm in my black jumper I feel like I belong in the Beatles.

This is definitely a trend that is here to stay probably forever, especially in my wardrobe.

Alexa herself rocking a turtleneck and mini skirt duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!